Guacamole Girl

Monday, November 06, 2006

Ordinaryness

Hello world. Welcome to my blog.
My husband says if I'm writing a blog, I must have too much time on my hands & I should be doing some housework. I say housework is over-rated - this may turn out to be much more fun!
I haven't got anything profound to say today, except that when I was writing my profile & trying to define my life in 1 sentence, I started wondering about being ordinary.
When I was a teenager (not too long ago!) I would imagine how my life would turn out & it was never ordinary. I imagined I would have significance beyond my own house, whether by runnning a successful business, or being famous in some arena of creativity. And now I find myself living what I would have deemed to be an ordinary life - part-time job, husband, 2 children etc. But now I'm here, I found out it's extraordinary.

I am discovering that significance is found in friendships & family relationships, not in acquiring material possessions or achieving "success" at work. Every person has such immense value, as a person made in God's image. Sometimes I take that lightly, but every interaction with another person (even via the blogosphere, as I may find out) makes a contribution to the world - positive or negative. That is where we are all significant.
This is the theory - God help me to put it into practice.

5 Comments:

  • At 11:31 am, Blogger Brodie said…

    welcome to the blogsphere.

     
  • At 4:03 pm, Blogger Guacamole Girl said…

    Fixed it! Thanks talkrhubarb!

     
  • At 1:57 pm, Blogger Brodie said…

    hey I liked the pink!

     
  • At 10:33 pm, Blogger lynn said…

    Hey Vicks, I would NEVER call you ordinary!

    Glad to have you in the blogosphere - I was beginning to feel like the only wumman around - then I found the Christian Woman Online siteand all my prayers were answered ::::giggle:::::

    http://www.christianwomenonline.net/

    Later!

     
  • At 7:51 pm, Blogger Writer said…

    Thanks for your comment! Look forward to reading more...elaine :)

     

Post a Comment

<< Home